Massage – After the Treatment
State of total relaxation, great satisfaction caused by enormous amount of endorphins released into our system through a massage session, we have just treated ourselves to. Last touch of massage therapist should not equal sudden end of the session. Massage therapist should always properly take after their client just after the treatment, making sure they are satisfied to the last moment of their massage room experience.
- Let your client have a couple of minutes rest after the session.
- Give your client a call a couple of days after the session to check how they were feeling (only if they do not mind you doing so).
- Do not take it personally if a client never calls back or does not make another appointment.
- Fill in the client’s file when they are getting dressed.
- Make your client aware that pain is not uncommon after the session, and that it may increase during next couple of days.
- Advise your client to hydrate properly, as the treatment releases toxins, which need to be rinsed.
- Make sure your client take care, when getting off the massage table.
- Make sure you wash the towels shortly after the session, as oil left on them is difficult to remove. Rewash towels if necessary.
- Ask your client if they would like to make another appointment.
- Do not make appointment for longer than a month in advance; if you do so you will need to send them a reminder.
- Recommend a few stretching exercises (not too many as it may be too much to memorize). Demonstrate how to do them properly.
- Make sure the client has not left anything in the treatment room.